and I were on the road when things started getting really bad, on our way to meiran
's house for the weekend. We both made it here all right, and found meiran
and her husband in good shape if somewhat worried. We've made what arrangements we can, but the condo has sliding glass doors which we've had to board over, and the staircase out front is concrete, so it can't be demolished with any tool we have available.
Don't tell the others, but I'm worried about how long we can stay here.
We're too close to DC and there's a very limited supply of food and water. We may have to wait for the worst of the panic to pass and then take our chances on the road. I'd rather face the hungry undead than the panicked and desperate living, honestly. I think we can make it if we're smart.
We'll be heading north, to my parent's house in Northern Maine. It's an easily defensible home and my parents have large supplies laid in because of the store. I've been on the phone with my father several times today, trading advice on how best to protect ourselves until we're ready to move out.
If anyone can get in touch with jenjinn
's or meiran
's parents, let them know they are both safe for now.
And for God's sake, don't worry about us. Protect yourselves.